T-Splines
T-Splines

Current version

Download the current version.

Autodesk T-Splines Plug-in for Rhino: v4.0 Download

Featured threads

The links below lead to some of our favorite forum threads.

052775 052099

29164 052640

29164 29164

052346 052775

See more featured threads.

Webinars

Date Topics  
7/09 Creating stunning jewelry designs with T-Splines View
5/07 How to approach modeling with T-Splines View
3/07 Carl Bass reintroduces T-Splines for Rhino View
6/21 Transitioning from NURBS to T-Splines View
12/07 Footwear modeling with T-Splines 3.3 for Rhino View
11/29 New T-Splines reverse engineering tools View
10/28 How T-Splines changed my aproach to making jewelry in CAD View
09/29 Modeling a water gun View
09/07 Car modeling:
Parts 1, 2, & 3
View
07/06 tsElements intro
hosted by Novedge
View
06/22 Free-form Architecture View
06/15 TS Pipe command View
06/08 T-Splines for Rhino intro View

tsElements no longer offered for sale

A support and feedback forum for Autodesk tsElements Plug-in users. Autodesk tsElements Plug-in is an add-in for SolidWorks.

tsElements no longer offered for sale

Postby Matt Sederberg » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:26 pm

Effective immediately, Autodesk tsElements, a plugin for SolidWorks, will no longer be offered for sale. We appreciate your interest in this software.

We will continue to offer license support on existing purchases until the end of 2014.

If you are interested in the progress of the T-Splines technology, please check out Fusion 360, where the T-Splines technology has been incorporated into a parametric environment. Fusion 360 is the product we wanted to create when we started writing tsElements; we hope you find it interesting and useful.

Please note that Autodesk is continuing to support and develop Autodesk T-Splines Plug-in for Rhino.
Matt Sederberg
Employee

Re: tsElements no longer offered for sale

Postby johnsuhr » Fri May 16, 2014 5:16 pm

OH MATT THAT IS A SERIOUS BUMMER
Ive been trying to use 360. Very clunky with a very fast connection and not a fun experience like T-Splines is with Rhino.
I really hope they dont break your wonderful product! I want tsElements back !
johnsuhr
Poster

Postby Matt Sederberg » Mon May 19, 2014 1:12 pm

Hi John,

Thanks for your note here. Just to be clear, we're still developing T-Splines for Rhino; it's just that we've announced that we are no longer developing tsElements for SolidWorks. In a way, this is old news - we've not been in a position to develop that since Autodesk acquired T-Splines in 2011, but took a long time to explore various options about if there were any feasible options for how to push that forward. In the end, nothing made sense. If you'd like to give me a call, I'd be happy to fill you in on details.

About Fusion 360 - I'm curious to hear your thoughts on that. From my perspective, the T-Splines modeling can still use some optimization to get it up to your experience in Rhino, and we're all working together to improve that. However, the idea behind that product I think is really compelling, and I'd be curious to get your take on that. You're one of the users that I would hope the product would appeal to, so if it's worth it to you to give us some more feedback, we'd love to hear it!

Matt
Matt Sederberg
Employee

Postby stretch » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:00 pm

Hi Matt,

Bummer, this seems to have cutoff a lot of cool workflows between other Poly/Sub-D modelers (modo/Z-Brush/etc.) and SolidWorks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46WYZg72PgY
http://vimeo.com/23768202

I realize that at the moment Autodesk's focus is on T-Splines for Fusion 360 (and Inventor) but this is personally not my ideal solution/workflow.

Is there any chance of full T-Splines functionality within Alias down the road?...Similar to the T-Splines Plug-in for Rhino. I know that Maya focuses on Sub-D and NURBS modeling, but it does not cater to industrial design or have the T-Splines ability to snap to NURBS curves. T-Splines within Alias would be so powerful for ID.

I’d like to commit to a surface modeler that has T-Splines functionality, but am not interested in Fusion 360 or Inventor mainly due to my current SolidWorks workflow/legacy on the parametric side. I could commit to learning Rhino, but despite reassurances I’d be concerned the Rhino plugin would meet the same fate as tsElements. In addition I prefer the Alias interface and believe it is a better investment for my long term modeling goals. I would rather commit to Alias knowing that T-Splines integration will one day be incorporated.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Peter
stretch
Poster

Postby Nicholas North » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:08 pm

Hi Peter,

Welcome to the forum. :D

We all had high hopes for tsElements and SolidWorks integration in general. Unfortunately, a community never really had a chance to coalesce around the concept before T-splines were acquired by Autodesk. In contrast, the Rhino plug-in had a pretty big and active community of users and still does. This is why we are where we are today.

As for your questions about Alias, we can't really comment. Generally, until a product is announced we can't comment about any future plans, or even if we have any plans. What I can say is that we are doing our best to add T-splines features where we are seeing the most interest. I know that's not very satisfying when you obviously have a real need, but that's the best I can do. I hope you understand.

At any rate, I do appreciate you taking the time to express your interest in T-splines and specifically to point out where it would be useful for you, like in Alias.

-- Nick
Nicholas North
Employee

Postby stretch » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:35 pm

Thanks for the quick reply Nick.

I understand completely.

I am glad I could pass on my interest in T-Splines functionality being integrated into Alias...Hopefully others feel the same and one day it will be included.

Cheers,
Peter
stretch
Poster

Return to Autodesk tsElements Plug-in modeling